Saturday evenings are for Enta No Kamisama. Enta airs from 10 on channel 4. It is an hour of comedy that features a few regular acts, semi-regular acts, and one trick ponies (My favorite was the girl from the country. I had no idea what she was saying, but her accent, pose, and “the show must go on” attitude, after obviously making several mistakes, won me over. Bring her back!). The acts minus a few of the latest. My personal top 5 + 2 (via ja.wikipedia which means Japanese reading skills required. Mine are not the best, so no translations for you.) :
- Itsumo Koko Kara: Best act would have to be the Bozosoku. Though I only catch about 1/10th of what they spit out at a rapid fire pace, that 1/10th puts me on the floor. My other half just laughs and laughs. Hell, she stops what she is doing, comes into the living room, sits down, and watches.
- Hatayoku: The Guitar Samurai. [image] That is not his scary face.
- Tomo Chika: Ginza Mama, JunJun, and Quiz Otaku “そのとおり！” acts have taught me so much about Japanese culture. Especially the Quiz Otaku.
- Hiroshi: Now that I understand “ranto” means “don’t”, everything just gets funnier and funnier.
- Ungirls: Tall. Skinny. Unhealthy. Uncoordinated.
- Speed Wagon: Ozawa-kun should win the ‘Smooth Talker’ award. ”あまい〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜！ あま過ぎる。”
- Anjushu: The kings of misunderstandings and wacky situations.”食べちゃた ブーーーー”
- Honarable Mention: Inoue Mai. Broken. Ranting. Sympathetic to inanimate objects. Guitarist. But not a guitarist.
There are one or two acts I cannot stand. Okay, three. Those would be 1) Papetto Mappeto: Worst sock puppet act ever.; 2) Magi Shinji: Bad magic.; and 3) Cunning: Over the top anger.
Unusual act names:
- Instant Johnson: Kinda funny.
- Red Platinum: ????
- The Plan 9
- Darling Honey
- Tokyo Dynamite
- Drunk Dragon
- Hello – Bye bye.
- Poision Girl Band: These guys are ultra creepy.
- Hello Keisuke: This guy administers questionnaires as his act. Some of the questions you are thinking, “Okay, no one is going to answer yes to that.” Sure enough, someone does.
- Impulse: Can be funny at times.
Anyway, Enta is an entertaining way to spend a Saturday evening with friends or loved ones. Enjoy.
Am I the only Enta junkie?